Saturday, August 16th will mark the 4th annual International Can-It-Forward Day sponsored by Ball® Canning. I am honored to have been asked to be an Official Ball® Ambassador and help them promote this fun-filled day for both new canners and experienced alike! I am also excited to be partnering with them to offer you the chance to win an awesome prize package which includes the Limited Edition green canning jars!
I love the new Ball® Canning Heritage Series canning jars. I have both the blue and green jars and use them for far so much more than canning, although I do make my own mint jelly and raspberry jam. Watermelon pickles are another favorite around here. I also made flower frogs for a few jars and use them as flower vases. I love spray painting old jars also to make pretty vases. I use the smaller half pint jars to make natural fly repellent jars for picnics and barbeques and also grow sprouts in jars by covering the top with a piece of rubber shelf liner. Canning jars are so versatile and we all know sweet sun tea tastes even sweeter in a mason jar!
I hope you will join Ball® Canning on Saturday for what is guaranteed to be an exciting and informational event which will link canners from around the globe.
Join in the live webcast! On Saturday, August 16th, a live webcast will take place on ground in Brooklyn Borough Hall Farmers Market, filled with canning demos where viewer questions will be answered in real-time by Chef Hugh Acheson and other experts while they learn the most popular (and delicious) home canning recipes. Other demos will include crafting, herb gardening and mixology!
And now for the giveaway! Enter to win this amazing prize package from Ball® Canning (approximate retail value $70) which includes:
-The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars: These limited edition jars commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Ball brothers’ “Perfection” Jar and come in a beautiful green tint. These are being produced only in 2014 and the winner will receive a case of both the pint and quart varieties.
· Fresh Herb Keeper : Many new to gardening start with herbs as an easy first step. To savor the seasonings, Ball has developed a new product to keep herbs fresh for up to two weeks.
· Dry Herb Jars: A perfectly-sized solution for storing your dried herbs. Great for storing seasonings, spices and rubs too! Stackable, low-profile design makes pantry or drawer storage more efficient than old, mis-matched containers.
· Frozen Herb Starters : Preserve your fresh seasonings in ready to use cubes filled with butter, oil or other liquid for easy and flavorful meal starters.
· 5 Blade Herb Scissors: Stainless steel blades to gently cut and evenly slice herbs like basil, parsley and cilantro.
· Ball Blue Book: Offering 125 pages that will guide you while you learn about preserving, this book provides information on equipment, instructions for the preserving method and recipes!
To Enter to Win:
I would love for you to join me here...